By: John Raffel
Bay City Central Wolves set for strong season
Bay City Central Wolves are coached by: Jordan Duby
POSITION: Varsity Boys Basketball Coach
CONFERENCE: Saginaw Valley League - North Division
- 1.) Briefly recall highlights of the 2017-18 season; records, top moments etc.
- Lost in District Championship to Mt. Pleasant
- 1st 10 win season since 2004
- 2.) Name some key athletes that have graduated from last season's team and your remembrances on their contributions to the program.
- Spencer Moulthrop - leadership, defense
- Kam Freeman - leadership, defense, versatility
- Marcel Pulley - playmaking, versatility, scoring
- Each of these players provided our program with a great deal of leadership, experience. They played a pivotal role for a team that had its best season in over a decade.
- 3.) Please mention several athletes who will be key players...name, year in school, position. Your expectations from each of these athletes this season. (Feel free to attach a roster if one is available).
- Elias Ramirez / Senior / PG - Northwood commit, expecting a big senior season with more than a few season/career records in his sights. A big time scorer who has improved his ability to make his teammates better and defend the point.
- Marcus Marcott / Senior / F - an incredible talent with the ability to score inside and out, a major defensive presence with great shot blocking ability.
- Austin Williams / Senior / F - taking on an expanded role in his senior season, Austin has the potential to break out this year. Has the ability to score inside and out, and defend all five positions on the court.
- Hayden Jatczak / Junior / G - after breaking into the starting lineup as a sophomore, Hayden is looking to have a breakout season. Known for his ability to knock down open shots, Hayden has greatly improved his ability to score in different ways and has improved on the defensive side.
- Brian Elder / Senior / F - Senior leader who is the voice of our defense. Much improved offensive post player, and has really focused on being a defensive anchor for our team.
- Landon Richard / Senior / G - With an expanded role on this years team, Landon has the ability to knock down open shots and create opportunities for others.
- 4.) What expectations do you have of your team this season?
- We expect to be a very competitive team in a tough conference and compete for a district championship once again. We are looking to take the next step as a program and send off our seniors on a positive note.
- 5.) What will be your team's strength?
- Experience - 8 returning players, 4 four-year varsity players
- 6.) What are some things this team needs to work on?
- Consistency - playing in the SVL, there are no nights off. In order to take the next step as a team and as a program, we need to put forth our best effort every single night in order to compete with the teams in our conference.
- 7.) Your conference: How strong is it and who would you consider the league favorites? Where do you see your team fitting into the league race?
- Saginaw Valley League
- North Division
- League Favorites (North Div.) - Saginaw High, Arthur Hill, Mt. Pleasant