By: John Raffel
Meet Williamston's golf team
YOUR NAME: Brian Kent
POSITION: Girl’s Golf Coach
CELL AND HOME PHONE NUMBER: (517)282-7324
EMAIL ADDRESS: Bkent610@gmail.com
SPORT: Girl’s Golf
Please answer extensively
- 1.) Your 2020 record and highlights— and thoughts.
N/A - First season as the golf coach. It is my understanding that we finished last in the league and are working to improve our standing this season.
- 2.) Name some key athletes that have graduated and your remembrances on their contributions to the program.
N/A - Not sure of any seniors last season on the team.
- 3.) Please mention several athletes who will be key performers…name, year in school, position. Your expectations from each of these athletes this season. (Feel free to attach a roster if one is available).
Our top performers this year are as follows;
- Ellie Thorburn (So)
- Allison Kane (So)
- Addison Feig (So)
- Nicole Schaefer (Fr)
I look to the three sophomore players for leadership and experience as we look to improve from last season.
- 4.) What expectations do you have of your team this season?
Williamston is a very young team, but they are a hard-working group that will push each other to improve themselves and the team.
- 5.) What will be your team's strength?
Work ethic and positive attitudes.
- 6.) What are some things this team needs to work on?
- 7.) Your conference: How strong is it and who would you consider the league favorites? Where do you see your team fitting into the league race?
Haslett is the defending league champions and returns a solid team this year. We hope to improve throughout this season.
- 2. 8.) How has it been to have a preseason like this with the lessening of COVID restrictions?
At times, it feels like things are getting back to “normal” but we can’t lower our guard and risk losing this season.